In a move to affirm its sovereignty over the disputed Diaoyu Islands, the State Oceanic Administration (SOA), China, released geographic coordinates of the Island and some of its affiliated islets. The SOA announced details about the exact longitude and latitude of the Diaoyu Island and 70 of its affiliated islets. It published location maps, three-dimension effect graphs and sketch maps for the Diaoyu Islands.
- Commentary: Japan’s “theft” of Diaoyu Islands risks China-Japan economic … (news.xinhuanet.com)
- China announces geographic codes for Diaoyu Islands baseline to UN (rightways.wordpress.com)
- 2 Chinese vessels enter waters near Diaoyu Islands (news.xinhuanet.com)
- China Plans To Begin Using Drones To Monitor Disputed Islands By 2015 (businessinsider.com)
- Double Diaoyu: Apple Maps fails the diplomacy test (wantchinatimes.com)
- China to use drones for maritime surveillance (wantchinatimes.com)